Uh, whenever I'm not feeling very good I'm always irritable. I can't help it sometimes. It's just like my body's saying, "I'm not feeling great, now all your friends and family must pay!" Haha, that's probably a little extreme, but I am sometimes like that. So I apologize in advance if I snap at you soon. I'm not feeling so hot... =/
But I'm still feeling good enough to post. =] Tori you must be proud. =P
2 days ago was my youth group's 30 Hour Famine. It was...simple amazing. I feel like I experienced so much in that one day that I would have normally experienced in like, a week. Or something like that. On Friday there was the usually youth group but the people who were doing the Famine slept over (I was one of them). We played sardines. It was sooo much fun! On Saturday we decorated the church for Christmas, and then Elias and Roscoe shoot everybody. Don't worry, it was foam bullets. =P It was so funny. After we did that we went to The Lazarus House. That is a homeless shelter in...Ahh I forget the town. Sorry. =D We split up into two groups, one group (my group) stayed and cleaned some of the house, and organized the food storage..um place. And the other group went to the soup kitchen and the thrift shop and they helped restock and load up a van. Then we went to Boston! We rode the subway, that was funnnn. In Boston we were supposed to do a picture scavenger hunt, which we sorta did, but one of the things on the list was take a picture with a homeless person. And to not seem rude we bought them a Burger Kind Jr. Whopper meal. So we wouldn't be like, "Hey we need your picture. Thanks, see ya later!" Ahaha. So we started too, (F*Y*I* "we" is the girls, it was girls against the boys. We so would have beat them if we, uh hadn't....well you'll see. ;) but we couldn't really find a homeless person. But then Jessully (sorry if I spelt it wrong!) saw this dude sitting on a bench, and then he feel off of it and didn't move. So we were like, oh yeah he looks homeless. So Jessully went and put the food next to his head, but he didn't even move. We were just like...umm ok, lets go! But then someone was walking by him and took the food. Tori, Christa, and Miss Wendy went over and told him that it was for the guy on the ground. They talked with that guy and another girl for like 10 minutes. And some of the girls were crying and/or they were scared. It was kinda freaky. So basically we went back to Burger King to get food for like 5 more people because they were all homeless and hungry. And they were all on drugs too. =[ And then they called an ambulance for they guy on the ground because he was like, trying to talk but he was having a hard time, and he had blood on his face where he hit the ground. It was all so sad and scary at the same time. There was another guy there, Dennis, he was really nice and he was homeless too, but he didn't belong there. He become addicted to achohal in high school, but then he was sober for 9 years. And then in Hawaii this summer he took a sip of beer and became addicted again. He asked us to pray for him, because he wants to get back onto the right track again. So please pray for Dennis, and all the other homeless people out there. And remember how blessed you are. I know I am.
Monday, December 04, 2006
Not feeling so hot...and the 30 Hour Famine!
Posted by Sophie at 12/04/2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
The famine was absolutely amazing! I just wish the rest of the youth group could have experienced what we saw and heard.
That is so awesome!!! Isn't it amazing how much you can grow through those type of experiences??
the boys were really funny after! they were like, why is every one cryig!?!?!? what should i do! no offence! but the looks on their faces said that they were really confused and didnt know what to do!
I agree with Ashlee!!
It was really sad and scary.
It was cool too.
-Erika
thats how i feel alot ALOT of the time sophie!! =\ ugh-ness!
check out my blog love. ;)
Post a Comment